I think this is the first year that Morgan didn't dress up.




The kids had Halloween off this year- and they loved that! I on the other hand wish they had the day AFTER Halloween off instead. They kept asking when they could start trick-or-treating, etc... Then of course since they stayed up late so the next morning they were GRUMPY. They had friends over and were in and out of the house all day. Morgan went to a friends house with a big group, and they kind of roamed the neighborhood, but not trick or treating, and then ended up at a friends house for more Halloween fun. Dillon and Logan went trick or treating with friends. I didn't even see them once they left, until they came home. I didn't really like that! I think it's the first time they've been on their own. (And by on their own, I mean them, their friends and the 300 other kids in the neighborhood....) I took Camden trick-or-treating while Matt stayed home and passed out candy and hot apple cider. Our neighborhood really gets into Halloween. I have never seen anything like it. One house does full on costumes, and remodels the front of their house based on a theme. This year it was Alice in Wonderland. Elaborate costumes, etc.. truly jaw dropping! Then there was another house that transformed their garage into a 50's diner, and hands out fresh, homemade scones. Another house, homemade rootbeer, another soft serve ice cream. It is a big party out there, and that's why it always ends up being a late night. I think almost everyone in the neighborhood is out and about. It ended up being a *beautiful* night so it was well worth the late night.

Dillon and Logan's costumes were pretty cool in the dark. They were stick figure people and they looked so cool in the dark. However in the light they were pretty ugly little costumes. :)


The kids had Halloween off this year- and they loved that! I on the other hand wish they had the day AFTER Halloween off instead. They kept asking when they could start trick-or-treating, etc... Then of course since they stayed up late so the next morning they were GRUMPY. They had friends over and were in and out of the house all day. Morgan went to a friends house with a big group, and they kind of roamed the neighborhood, but not trick or treating, and then ended up at a friends house for more Halloween fun. Dillon and Logan went trick or treating with friends. I didn't even see them once they left, until they came home. I didn't really like that! I think it's the first time they've been on their own. (And by on their own, I mean them, their friends and the 300 other kids in the neighborhood....) I took Camden trick-or-treating while Matt stayed home and passed out candy and hot apple cider. Our neighborhood really gets into Halloween. I have never seen anything like it. One house does full on costumes, and remodels the front of their house based on a theme. This year it was Alice in Wonderland. Elaborate costumes, etc.. truly jaw dropping! Then there was another house that transformed their garage into a 50's diner, and hands out fresh, homemade scones. Another house, homemade rootbeer, another soft serve ice cream. It is a big party out there, and that's why it always ends up being a late night. I think almost everyone in the neighborhood is out and about. It ended up being a *beautiful* night so it was well worth the late night.

0 comments:
Post a Comment