Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Birthday suprises


I have told Matt for the past year that under no circumstances do I want a party, surprise or otherwise for my birthday. I thought we had an agreement. Especially after he sent me to Cancun. I thought I was in the clear! This is the letter he sent out to everyone:

Jennie is turning 40 years old on November 29th. She has made it very clear that she does not want a birthday party to celebrate this momentous event. So we will not be having a birthday party for her.

However, on November 25th at 6:00 pm we will be having a party to celebrate some of the many great things that occurred in 1971. Such as:

  • Creation of the Nasdaq stock market
  • Apollo 14th moon landing
  • The finale of the Ed Sullivan show
  • End of the US trade embargo of China
  • Opening of Walt Disney World in Orlando
  • D.B. Coopers hijacking and parachute escape
  • Charles Manson sentenced to death then changed to life in prison
  • Plus many more….


We would love to have the two of you come celebrate with us. Dinner will be served so come hungry.

Please RSVP or send regrets to Jennieis40@wholesalechess.com so I can get a final head count. Also, I would love to compile a list of memories, words of wisdom or other thoughts to give to her that night. If you please email these by November 18th to the same address above I would be very grateful. It doesn’t have to be lengthy and format is not important.

We look forward to seeing you there. Also, while this is not a “surprise party for Jennie” it is a party that will be a surprise to Jennie so please don’t let her know.

Location: TBD

Time: 6:00 pm (don’t be late)

No gifts please (she has me…..what else could she possibly need)

Isn't he sneaky? I had no clue about any of this. My sister in law Christa said she had a bunch of tickets to a new movie given to her from her work. She said it was good at Gateway, and that we should meet for dinner first. So she asked me where I wanted to go and I was suggesting all these kids friendly type places since we were all bringing children. Then Katie said her and Mike had some gift certificates to Biaggis. So we agreed to meet there. So Matt, kids and I went to meet up at Biaggis and they surprised me so much that I started to cry. Someone asked if I was crying because I was happy or because I was mad, or just surprised. I said I didn't know. I really hate crying in front of people. :)

As much as I really didn't want a party- it was fun to see everyone. And I had a great time. Matt thought of everything. From balloons, to a huge sign, to posters on the wall describing events from 1971. Nobody knows how to throw a party like Matt. And I am the most spoiled, lucky girl in the world. Seriously- I don't deserve him. And now I'm 40- and really hope that is the last of the surprise parties. I'm getting to0 old for these kind of surprises. :)

0 comments: