Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cupcake wars

I didn't take a single picture! We went down to our friends, the Godfrey's house last weekend, to celebrate Todd's BIG birthday. Rachel hadn't told him that we were coming, so we showed up at the door and he looked pretty surprised. She had picked up dinner for us, and we all ate- and then moved onto the main event. Cupcake wars! My kids had such a great time! Rachel had picked surprise ingredients that described or had something to do with Todd. We divided into groups and picked our 3 items. Matt and Todd's group had decided to do a St. Patrick's theme, since he was born on St. Patty's Day. They chose Dr. Pepper, Andes mints, and Milano mint cookies as their items. We chose butterfinger, butterscotch pudding, and won ton wrappers as our items. The pudding, and butterfingers were mixed into the cake mix, and cooked. Our frosting was buttercream, with sprinked butterfingers on top. It had a garnish of fried won ton wrappers in the shape of a fan (he went to Japan on his mission) and it was sprinkled with powdered sugar. Rachel had though of everything, and everything and even had her brother-in-law, and sister-in-law, who are both food scientists, to be the judges. Both of the cupcakes turned out great! I couldn't even choose who I liked best, so I'm glad I didn't have a vote. :) I think the deciding factor was the won ton wrapper with powdered sugar though. What a fun night! Now my kids are already asking when we can do it again, so we may need a rematch!

0 comments: