I came into the office today to do something on the computer. It wouldn't turn on, and it wasn't unplugged. I realized the lights were off and nothing else in the office was turned on either. I started to look for a GFI outlet, thinking something must have tripped it. This is what I found:
Seriously- I started to shake and cry, and realized Camden is lucky to be alive. I know this may seem overly dramatic- but 86% of electrocutions a year are from children ages 1-4. We have covers on ALL of our outlets, and somehow, this one didn't get put back in. Anyway- I am so thankful that Camden was being watched over and protected. Prayers are really answered.

2 comments:
I'm so glad Camden is ok!!! A couple of years ago, I was at the new school helping get things ready for the first day, and Bry called and told me Kate had stuck a paperclip in the outlet and they were all a little shaken up. Everything was ok, thank goodness, but I know that "oh my gosh, this could have had a MUCH different outcome" feeling. Yes, prayers are answered.
B.T.W., what IS that thing in the outlet? A plastic finger???
I know I was probably pretty dramatic- but it scared me to death! It is amazing that kids make it adulthood sometimes. Glad Katie was okay too. The thing in the outlet were some tweezer things from the operation game. They are metal on the part that is in the outlet, and the handle is plastic. I watch him pretty closely- but it is amazing how fast they can get into things!
Post a Comment