Friday, June 29, 2012

New Floors


Before

During

After (with cell phone, horrible lighting at night.)


We have hated our tile every since we moved in. It is slate, and looks nice, but man it is hard to clean! In order to get it clean, I have to get down on hands and knees and scrub each tile with a brush, and even then, it's not totally clean. There are so many grooves, and it is so uneven, it is nearly impossible to clean it. Besides that- I can't tell you how many times I have stubbed my toes, because it is so uneven. Anyway- we decided to rip it out this summer, and install the same hardwood we have in the other areas in our house. The project took longer than we expected, of course, and it was a complete disaster and a pain to do. However- I LOVE IT! We also painted our cabinets white, too. (By we- I mean we hired someone else to do it.) :)  The cabinets were almost the exact same color as the floor, and looked like a log cabin. We don't get a lot of natural light in our kitchen, so it has lightened things up so much as well. Another plus! I love it, and hope the floors and cabinets hold up to the wear and tear.

0 comments: