Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Surprise!


Morgan's cousin, Ashley's birthday is today. They were born just a day apart from each other, in the same hospital. They *love* each other so much! Ashley had said she wanted to spend the whole day with Morgan on her birthday. That worked out really well for us, because I needed Morgan out of the house. Morgan had asked for a "room makeover". She moved to the basement last year, and we never really got around to doing what we wanted with her room. She thought her bedding was babyish- and her walls were boring. She told me she *needed* color. Hot pink and black and she wanted a chandelier type of a light.

We looked at hundreds of bedding sets, and she finally saw one she liked. I never committed to any of this. She kept telling me she knew I would never be able to surprise her so don't even try. I think she was secretly scared I would paint her room in pastels or something that she'd hate. I took it as a challenge to do this as a surprise, AND to have her love it. Matt and I worked all day, and it came together even better than I had expected. I was hiding in her room, when she got home, so I could record her reaction.

She was so surprised, and she loved it. She kept saying, "This is so me! This is EXACTLY what I wanted." I love how it turned out too, and now have the bug to paint something else. (Shh.... Don't tell Matt!) He is such a good sport and helps with anything I need. He does it because he is a nice guy though, not because he loves to decorate. Sorry hon!



(The black rectangles are chalkboard paint, and can be written on just like a regular chalkboard.)

Chair that Morgan already had in her, recovered:

Finished chair:

1 comments:

Wendy said...

Jennie, you are so fun! Love it! I can't believe Morgan is 13!