Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Good Intentions


I often aspire to be better, to do better, to become more talented in this area or that. My imagination gets going. For example: I imagine I am talented at sewing, scrapbooking, whatever. But then my mind wanders and I think, I need to get some ideas- since I don't know how to do this stuff. So, I start doing some mini research on how-to's. I came across a blog that was darling, and the girl lives in a beautiful tropical paradise. Soon- I've moved on from the projects I desired to learn about, to when can I move to this beautiful country? Yes sirree I would like to drink virgin daiquiri's and take quiet walks on the beach! Unfortunately, my imagination and passion only gets me so far. I realize I haven't learned a thing about scrapbooking, or sewing. And as I look out the window at the snow falling on the ground, I realize I'm about as far from a tropical paradise as I can get. So for now, I will just daydream about creativity, and tropical adventures. I'm not going to worry about filling my home with all that stuff that I don't know how to do. I will fill my home with warmth, and cute kids. (And maybe a virgin daiquiri!)

0 comments: