Monday, September 29, 2008

Conference

On Saturday I attended Women's conference with my Mother in law and my Sisters- in law. We went to dinner first, and then to the conference. I loved it. I love spending time with them, and loved listening to the words of President Uchtdorf, especially. I know that he said he wasn't trying to give a pep talk to us, but that is what it was to me. I needed to hear the words he said, and I felt better, for having listened to them.

I so look forward to conference every spring and fall. This year, since Morgan is singing in the choir, it seems it has been on my mind a lot more. She has had so many practices. They are very particular with their hairstyles, clothes they wear, jewelry, etc. I hope she doesn't need to cough, or scratch her mosquito bites! They have all been warned. :) On Saturday, they had a dress rehearsal, (5 of them actually) this is the first at the Conference Center though. They left at 7:00 am. There are 5 kids from our ward in the choir. They were filmed, and then last night at practice, they found out why. They paused the film, to show them their movements, and what they were doing wrong. Hopefully nobody has to go to the bathroom for 3 hours- because you are just out of luck if you do! They have to be in their seats an hour ahead of time. She will be singing in the Saturday afternoon session. She is in the very back row, if you are looking at the choir, on the right. I think she is the third one from the right end, and is wearing a pink shirt. I'm not sure if she will get any camera time, or not- but she is about a head taller than the kids right next to her, so she does stand out. :)

0 comments: